Just because you hire a photographer on your wedding day doesn’t mean he or she will be prepared with a list of every shot you want to capture. So, you should make a list of the family photos you want to have from your special day. Remember everything will be so chaotic on the day itself so you may not have a chance to let your photographer know what you want. It’s best to make it crystal clear beforehand to avoid disappointment. Here are 10 family shots we think every bride and groom should have at their wedding.
- Bride and Groom sharing a personal moment - You are family now and a quiet moment in the middle of chaos makes for a very serene photo.
- Bride & Groom Kiss - You just can’t leave out the big kiss!
- Bride & Groom Leaving Church - Some of our favorite photos come courtesy of the unscripted moments that happen when the bride and groom are leaving church.
- Father Giving away Bride - Fathers and daughters have a special relationship which is why we love to see the tender look on many father’s faces when they give their daughters away.
- Groom with his Father - Never, ever forget to capture the important bond many fathers have with their sons.
- Bride and Groom with their Parents and Grandparents - You definitely want a picture of the first loves of your life. You get bonus points for including grandma and grandpa.
- Mother of the Bride Helping her Daughter Get Ready - We never get tired of seeing pictures of the mother of the bride helping adjust her daughter’s veil or zipping up her dress.
- Father Daughter Dance and Mother Son Dance - These photos are just too adorable for words.
- First Dance - The first dance is just as important a moment to capture as the first kiss and it’s the perfect time for the bride to show off her wedding dress as she glides across the dance floor.
- Bride and Groom with Siblings and Extended Family - The parents and grandparents shouldn’t get all of the fun. Be sure to include aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings and anyone else that is related to you by blood or by choice.
By taking a large variety of family shots on your special day, you’ll have plenty to choose from afterwards when you and your husband/wife are creating your wedding album. These are definitely the moments you’ll want to cherish for years and years to come.
The above is a guest blog post on candidshutters.com by SimplyBridal. Read about them below.
SimplyBridal.com is an American online retailer of high quality wedding gowns, bridesmaid dresses, wedding accessories and a comprehensive range of invitations & gifts. SimplyBridal ships to twenty-five countries in Europe, North America, and parts of Asia. Our products have been featured on Style Me Pretty, Wedding Chicks, and Rock n Roll Bride.